Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Continental Garden Trains

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Share | 

Beautiful live-steam indoor layout in Alsace, France

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
clive_t

PostSubject: Re: Beautiful live-steam indoor layout in Alsace, France   Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:11 pm

Great pics - some beautiful buildings there too. I'd like to hear some details of how you make them if possible.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scampington-chipside.co.uk
dtsteam

PostSubject: Re: Beautiful live-steam indoor layout in Alsace, France   Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:10 am

Excellent buildings - Clive is right, you must tell us more. I look at your work and I see a touch of everything which is good in modelling British buildings - John Ahearn, Allan Downes, Pendon, and a touch of Portmeirion - Love it.
Back to top Go down
k&nwlr

PostSubject: Re: Beautiful live-steam indoor layout in Alsace, France   Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:14 pm

The buildings are from 5mm plastic sheet cut to shape with a saw, with the usual paint or brick paper, together with doll house fittings for windows etc., and interiors. Ive been taking lessons from Peter Smith / Kirtley Model Buildings who is the "author" of several of the more complex structures, but hope that Ive now upped my game sufficiently to at least superficially "look good on Youtube". Hope to show some more stuff soon, when I buy some more glue that actually sticks ... just been having a frustrating experience with some pavements ...
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/KandNWLR?feature=mhee
GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: Beautiful live-steam indoor layout in Alsace, France   Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:19 pm

k&nwlr wrote:
The buildings are from 5mm plastic sheet cut to shape with a saw, with the usual paint or brick paper, together with doll house fittings for windows etc., and interiors. Ive been taking lessons from Peter Smith / Kirtley Model Buildings who is the "author" of several of the more complex structures, but hope that Ive now upped my game sufficiently to at least superficially "look good on Youtube". Hope to show some more stuff soon, when I buy some more glue that actually sticks ... just been having a frustrating experience with some pavements ...

A belated welcome from me in SW France!

Love your buildings! Do you think your construction methods would last in an outdoors environment??

lol!

www.frenchgardenrailways.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.frenchgardenrailways.com
k&nwlr

PostSubject: Re: Beautiful live-steam indoor layout in Alsace, France   Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:24 pm

GWhizz wrote:
k&nwlr wrote:

A belated welcome from me in SW France!

Love your buildings! Do you think your construction methods would last in an outdoors environment??

Would be ok in a southern climate, as long as you take them in when it gets inclement ...

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/KandNWLR?feature=mhee

Beautiful live-steam indoor layout in Alsace, France

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Continental Garden Trains :: Continental Garden Trains index :: News and Information-